Tuesday morning our zone had a conference call with our mission president where he announced that our mission is, in fact, splitting. He said our zone, along with one other zone, would now form the Ukraine L'viv mission, effective July 1, 2013. All Ukrainian speakers would now be a part of this new mission, and we would be getting a new mission president. After gasps, shock, and I'll admit--some tears, I realized how exciting and how huge this new change will be. I'm pretty sad to be saying goodbye to the beautiful Kiev Temple, since I'll only get to go through it once, and I'm basically devastated to be saying goodbye to my beloved President, but it's going to be okay. The scripture I quoted from Enoch last week rang in my head when we were on the call with him, "I REFUSE TO BE COMFORTED!" but the Lord quickly comforted me with His words, "Lift up your heart and be glad."
With all that excitement going on, I couldn't wait until zone conference that started on Saturday. Friday afternoon our train got to L'viv, and I got to spend the entire day with Sister OLDS! (MTC companion) I was soooo happy. We basically laughed the entire time we were together. And literally hit up all 3 McDonalds in L'viv (Long story, but it was necessary). She's definitely a sister to me. Also, I found out the night before that I would get to see ALL of my Elders from the MTC. I about cried I was so excited. It's a good thing I didn't know that before then, or else I would've been way too excited all month long. When we all got together on Saturday it was the best MTC reunion ever. I was giving out lame handshakes left and right. I can't describe how much I love those elders. Our zone conference with President (my first and LAST with my mission president....too sad), his wife, and kids was incredible. I got to sit next to President during lunch and I told him all about dad's email to me last week. He asked that I forward those awesome parts to him and just have that as my email to him this week. Haha.
At the end he "introduced" us to our new mission president! Since they had only posted about all the new missions that day, he had to do some serious persistent persuasion to Salt Lake to get the picture and info, but I'm convinced that no one has ever said the words "No" to President Klebengat. Once he posted the picture of Pres and Sis Lattin (from Sandy Utah), I immediately felt a connection to them, and my heart was comforted. I knew then that they were called of God, and I knew they were called to be my mission presidents. I'm excited.
I left floating on clouds. It was such a spiritual experience, and I was fist bumping the air ready to baptize all of Lutsk.
This week went so much better. We found many people to teach, and many people who are open minded about the church and ready to listen. It was a tender mercy to get a whole new pool of investigators who are willing to progress. We had a senior couple visit our branch yesterday from Kiev, and they said since they have a little bit of a different type of mission, they were interviewed by a general authority and given a long list of missions they could choose from (not to mention BEAUTIFUL missions). They simply said, "Give us the hardest mission you've got, and we'll go there." Aaaaaand, they got sent to Ukraine. Hmm. Even though this is literally one of the hardest missions in the world, I feel deeply humbled that the Lord thinks I can handle this. And handle it I will.
I was faced with a few really difficult internal things the last few weeks, some that really forced me to my knees and cry out to my Father in Heaven. I was really searching for a reason why I was being tested in such obscure ways, but then I came across this quote:
“God never bestows upon his people, or upon an individual, superior blessings
without a severe trial to prove them, to prove that individual, or that people, to see whether they will keep their covenants
with him, and keep in remembrance what he has shown them. Then the greater the vision, the greater the display of the
power of the enemy....You will be tempted in proportion to the visions, revelation, or manifestation you have received.”
I have been blessed with some incredibly personal and sacred experiences so far on my mission, and coming to the realization that I'll face temptations that are equal in proportion to those sacred experiences really opens my eyes. I just need to keep pushing forward and enduring it well and the Lord will continue to bless me with experiences that are meaningful and spiritual. What a concept to wrap my head around. I'm learning a few lessons, that's for sure.
I love this work. It truly is the Lord's work, and I'll never deny it. My eyes have been opened to how great and merciful the Lord is, and what that personally means to me. Keep the faith, and rely whole-heartedly on the Lord and he'll provide a way. Just remember, life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!
I love you all, and pray for you always.
Sister Kate Webber
Church building in L'viv
L'viv (New Mission)
Found a mural on Valentines Day
He's looking at you!
| Love the hat! (Made from bunnies) |
On the train to L'viv
Waiting for people to show up
Sister Olds and Sister Webber reunited again.....MTC companion love!



No comments:
Post a Comment