First of all: I want to take the time right now to congratulate two of my besties, Carls and Aar Bear! I AM SO HAPPY! I'm so excited for you! I just got Carlie's letter this morning and cried in my heart when she said she wanted me to be their photographer :( I wish I could so bad! But you'll be in my heart, for always and always. I love you two so dang much. Good luck you crazy kids. You're awesome, and I couldn't be more happy.
As for the mission world, I'm loving this snowy, crazy, orthodox town I'm serving in. The food still makes my skin crawl a little bit, and I'm getting used to my food tasting like bland bread, or fried onions. It's really fine. I promise! We spent many many hours tracting since all of our awesome investigators are attending university, and are experiencing finals for the next two weeks. We had some incredible experiences knocking on doors (which, coming from me, means a LOT since I absolutely have anxiety when we knock doors), and have found many people who are ready to listen and are now reading the Book of Mormon!
Tuesday, there was a man who came to our English class. He stuck out like a sore thumb. He was about 50, very well dressed, very well educated, and came by himself. After English, he approached my companion and wanted to talk more about why we were here. We sat down with him and had a 20 minute conversation about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and he was eating it all up. My comp asked him when he could meet again and he said, "Whenever. This is very important to me." The Elders said earlier that day when they were at a street stand buying bread, the man approached them and basically just said, "Who are you. Talk to me." They gave him the English card and he came that night.
Anyway, we met with him on Friday night and he accepted everything, and was so excited to read the Book of Mormon. The next morning we got a phone call from him asking if we could meet that afternoon. What! He's elect beyond reason. And he's of Jewish decent and thus has "Believing Blood", as they call it. We really are gathering the House of Israel. This mission is really one of the few missions that have all 10 tribes within it's boundaries among members. I'm really excited about him. After we watched the Restoration movie, the first thing he said was, "Exquisite". Elect alert!
Things are going really well. I got a personal phone call from President on Friday morning, and it came at a perfect time. He said some things that were so inspired, and directly from the Lord. I know that I'm supposed to be here, and I know that there are specific and important things that I need to do on my mission, as well as things I need to learn. I love it.
This gospel is true. Every time I testify of it, it's reiterated to me that this IS the Lord's church. I can never deny it.
Thanks for all the love and support. I'm feeling very loved as I sit here with a huge stack of letters that just came to me this morning. I have the greatest friends and family. I love you all.
Sister Katie Webber
ps. good news! It only takes 2 stamps to mail me. Fyi. loves and hugs.
PS My piano playing is going alright. I politely demand 5 hours a week of practice time. It is a nice therapeutic break and a necessity or else I would refuse to play in the branch.
No comments:
Post a Comment