Once upon a time, the elders had a big secret that they kept from me. It's called the 12 steps to addiction recovery, and they all listen to it. Once I found out about it, I'm confident I became an addict of the addiction recovery series.
1. Because it's great.
2. Because everyone's messed up, a little, and it helps heal the soul.
I also thought it would be a good idea to listen to it, just in case I ever had an investigator that was struggling with an addiction (that's what I'm telling people, at least). However, I would recommend it to anyone who's ever struggled with an addiction, whose life has been affected in any way from someone who had an addiction, or to anyone who simply wants to be amazed at the strength that these people have by overcoming their addictions. It's awesome.
This week we had some great lessons with investigators, and there are quite a few people plugging along in their journey to accepting the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The more I testify, the more I study, the more I receive revelation on the Atonement, the stronger my testimony grows of the healing power we can all feel from it. I also realize how little I know, the more I learn. It's such a miraculous, and mysterious event, but I am eternally grateful for my Savior, and the ability I have to be able to repent and come unto Him.
Our district has been experiencing so many miracles here in Lutsk. People are really starting to come out of the woodwork to hear the gospel. Many adults are coming to English with their spouses and are interested in the church, we're getting walk-ins in the church almost daily, and people are approaching us on the street, in buses, and in the store.
For example, we were about to cross at a cross-walk, and there was a man in front of us who was about to dart across the street before the light turned. He glanced back and saw the two of us standing there, and he stepped back on the sidewalk and said, "Who are you. I have a question for you." Now, we've had a few interesting men approach us the last few weeks, and my stern inner-Ukrainian comes out pretty quick when men talk to us on the street, but I resisted the urge. He said, "What do I do when everyone around me is negative, and I want to be postitive?" Not the question I was expecting. We had a good conversation, told him about the Elders, and he was interested in meeting. We exchanged cards, and he ran across the street. As we looked down, I gasped, and read his card outloud. "Gold exchange. Dubai. UAE." Whoa.
Our baptism didn't go through last week, and it's not looking good for this week either. We've got the branch presidency involved, and it'll happen soon, but just not while I'm here. Because I'm pretty sure I'm leaving this week. :( I'll let you know for sure next week. A sister's whitewash in the area will be tough, especially for a few of our investigators, but it's the Lord's work, not mine. I just have to put my trust in Him.
Well, I'm working hard, I'm learning lots, and I'm having such a great time. This is truly an inspired work, and I'm so happy to be apart of it.
All my love,
Sister Webber
Ps. Lacey, your emails are the best.
Pss. Shoutout to the missionary parents who read this. Brother Johansen, Sister Dunford, Sister Kelley, and Sister Nielson. :) Your missionaries are all doing great, and I'm so happy to have served with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment