Yesterday I was asked to share my testimony, and after 8 months of serving in a branch, I got pretty attached. I definitely cried a few times during the course of the 3 hours.
I also got a call from President that my trainee is getting delayed in the MTC due to health problems, so I'll be in a 3-some till she gets here. Sister Olds (mtc comp) got transferred to L'viv and got put with 2 trainees (10 sisters coming in, only 9 sisters are in the field, so someone had to double train. She's totally ready for it) ....but the transfer board just got sent out to the missionaries and it looks like she's only getting one trainee, and I'm getting one trainee....so I don't know what happened. This is going to be an interesting week.
Both my companions in the field are also leaving on Wednesday, and it's going to be weird not having them around! I love Sisters Dunford and Van Stokkom.
Things are going well. We found 3 golden investigators this week, and one of them already knows that the church is true. She almost cried when I gave her a Book of Mormon, and she cried after Sacrament meeting and said she knows it's true. Looks like she's going to be getting baptized soon! She's awesome. I'm way sad to leave her, but the new sisters will be great. She gave us a goodbye present, and I was so overwhelmed!
Another one of our new investigators was found through english, her name is Yana, and her husband's name is Vova. They both know english, and they have two sons. They have been reading the Book of Mormon in Ukrainian and English, and they want to come to church on Sunday. They are so great. The branch would die for a solid new family. She also made us a goodbye present, and I will cherish it forever.
Sorry that I have to be quick. I've got some L'viv shopping to do today :)
Mom, you're going to love your Christmas present.....which you will get in March.
I love you all. Thanks so much for all the emails and letters!
Love sister webber
ps. I got letters from the Garner side of the family! Thanks all for your notes. From Mom: Seriously, I laughed soooo hard when I saw that card. My comp wanted to take a picture of it. So funny...where did you find that thing. Hahah. As quincy said, "Totes inappro-pro". Also, the Millers, two from Madi, and one from Gramma Nance! Dallin! Your gramma wrote me a letter before you did! Hahaha. Emails suffice though.
No comments:
Post a Comment